Job Posting: Japanese-Speaking Translator/Interpreter
Company: TS Tech Alabama, LLC.
Location: Boaz, Alabama, USA
Located in Boaz, Alabama and part of the TS Tech Americas group, a global supplier of automobile seats and interiors, with operations in 72 locations in 14 countries. TS Tech Alabama has a unique opportunity for a Japanese-speaking Interpreter to support Japanese team members including Plant President with day to day communication between local and Japanese team members and visitors. The selected candidate will work closely with Japanese team members.
Although no manufacturing experience is required, the selected candidate will be exposed to production processes, control systems, as well as many functional areas of the plant. This is not a remote position.
- Speak, read, and written (including emails) in English (Business/Professional level) and Japanese (Native level).
- Translate Japanese and English online and written materials accurately to maintain tone, style,
- and original meaning.
- Interpret Japanese and English verbal meetings and document accurately.
- Work with HR Staff to coordinate travel arrangements for Japanese guests and their families.
- Work with the HR Group to provide meeting assistance; may include travel, lunches, etc.
- Support doctor visit, and other various procedures for Japanese staff.
- Other tasks as required by Management.
- Must be able to accurately interpret verbal and written communications
- Be detail oriented
- Ability to analyze information and make sound judgements
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Must be reliable in attendance and work successfully in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
- Open office area with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional departments.
- Minimal exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes. The performance of this position normally requires exposure similar to general office work, with a few minimal exceptions.
- There are areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes and safety glasses (provided by TS Tech Alabama).
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $20 - $23.29 per hour
Email resume: Julie.Kirsch@tstech.com